Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Dreaded Scorpion Sting - Part Deux.

Okay, it's been 10 hours and other than a little tingling I feel pretty good. The sting itself really wasn't too much worse than a yellow jacket bite. It was in bed. And it was enough of a jab to make me jump out of bed. The back of my thigh started burning immediately, about the same as when you grab a hot pot and do actually burn yourself. At the very worst, I was aware of my lips (like when you've just been kissed by a hot guy), the very tip of my tongue was a bit numb (like going to the dentist) and I was shaking a bit (like when you get a good scare). There has been some nasty jabbing pains near the wound and a lot of the same burning in about a six inch square area.

J. and I stayed up most of the night just in case and the Banner Poison Control Center was kind enough to call after the first hour to check symptoms and assure me that everything was normal and then at the 3 hour mark. They would have checked again at the 5 hour mark but I told them I didn't think it was necessary.

I won't be afraid of the little buggers any more, because it just wasn't that bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home